Interested in Starting a Team?
Steps for Starting a Team
- Find an adult who would like to be the Team Manager
- Select 2-7 kids to be on your DI team
- Determine a time and place for team meetings
- Look through the Challenge Previews and First Look Document to see the variety of challenges your DI team can choose from. Later, your team will select a Challenge. (Having trouble choosing a Challenge? Complete the Team Interest Inventory survey, located on page 102 in the Roadmap.)
- Purchase a Team Number at the DI Store
- Begin registering your team (full instructions can be found here): You will fill out team information on the DI Resources site AND sign up for a tournament on the Register Your Team site.
- Have the Team Manager(s) complete a Background Check
- Communicate with team parents and begin planning team meetings using the DI Roadmap (The Roadmap can be accessed through DI Resources)
- Attend Team Manager Training (see if there are any upcoming TM trainings near you, or email your Regional Director). You can also download important documents from the Resource Area like Rules of the Road for rules, procedures, and forms as well as peruse our collection of resources that aim to increase your and your team's success!
- Have a great season problem-solving!